Vacaions?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by newjerseylandscaping, Jan 1, 2011.

?

Vactions?

1. SOLO operator Takes One

29.7%
  2. Solo doesnt take one

20.3%
  3. NOn solo takes one

14.1%
  4. Non solo does not take one

6.3%
  5. Takes during the winter.

43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CJCuttingEdge

CJCuttingEdge LawnSite Member
    from USA

I will not allow any employee to run my route ever! i put to much into being what ive become to loose it for one guy screwing something up

2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm solo, I go really hard at it in the summer, take no brake, only when it rains. But in the winter I'm off so.

3. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Solo and have taken one for the last 3 years. A bit unfair though, my dad earns a trip with his company almost every year and I'm usually the lucky one who gets to go along. I wouldn't choose to take a vacation during peak season but I'm not going to pass on a free trip.

Heading to Jamaica in a couple weeks. I just tell all my customers I'm going to be gone and I'll catch up the week I get back. Not usually a big deal.

4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a solo op/one employee(no big crew or anything) but i take a 'vacation' every weekend almost in the summer if there is good weather. If i dont go to lake house, i go to local lakes and wake board and have dinner on the boat on weekends. Unless i have a big job, i schedule everything mon-friday. When summer is in tip of drought up here when things slow down a ton, i do all my hi end clients wednesday and thursday and take a long vacation from thursday night(drive up north to lake house) until tuesday night, drive home to go to work.(lake house is only 1 1/2 hrs away)

I cant work all the time, be in college, and not have fun on the weekends. Its my time to be a teenager and enjoy life. I love my job, but being with family and making gf happy is more important to me.

Creating a future for myself is what i am doing during the week. Enjoying my family is for weekends. 401k started when i was 14. Looking to retire at the age of 40 so i'll have the rest of my life to enjoy life after work. I am 18 now. Big dreams and big expectations for the next 5-10 years....... sorta rambling on now, but ya gotta have vacation!