Vacation

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ron mexico75, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Go to Vegas for a long weekend. Just as good as a week any where else.

2. IMO, I don't think it's professional fl take a vacation when you don't have guys doing the work while your gone. I take vacations in the winter when I'm able to. I'd be annoyed if I was your customer. Just my opinion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I agree, hence the long weekend plan I mention. Trust me, two days in Vegas is plenty of relaxation. Mental down time anyway. You may come back wore out. :cool2:

4. Or with a tiger and a baby
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

VACATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GROWING SEASON! What? I would love to go to the beach in the summer. I always go when its cold.

I don't think you should charge anymore then normal.

6. Duekster

from DFW, TX

:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, the whole world disappears when you get to Vegas.

I can go to the beach or something and I spend 2 or 3 days before I can unwind, then I start worring about what I have to do when I get back.

On a short Vegas trip the whole world can wait and after 3 nights and 2 days you are ready to leave. I need the mental down time as much as anything.

I have only been once this year. Went 8 times last year ( work related) so I did actually earn some money.

I am now thinking, what conferance or show can I go to out there.

I just got an offer for tickets to the Canelo Lopez fight, free room and some other concert that weekend. Never been to a prize fight would be fun to see. Lot of other shows to see as well.

You want to see some water features :cool2:

7. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

You know, every business's situation is defferent. Whether it be a co. in bus. for 20yrs and 5 crews or dba. I know some guys who are dba's and go in the summer and some in the winter.
    I've been in bus. for 17+ yrs now and I used to take the wife and kids in the summer because of school breaks, but now, kids are gone and the wife and I can wait till late fall or winter. We used to take weekends and camp but im selling it now to be able to afford a better trip with the wife with only a few small things left to do before turkey day..

Remember this, have fun, relax, and most of all try not to feel guilty for being gone.

My .02

8. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I sorta do the same. A family vacation at the end of July and one for my wife and I the second week of Oct. Work more before and after and all works out. The only comments I get from customers are enjoy yourself and relax! Life is too short not to enjoy your family.

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Id wait till Janurary to go on vacation

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What is this "vacation" y'all speak of.
    Posted via Mobile Device