VACATION

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, Nov 27, 2000.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I was just thinkin' the other day about the collection that was being taken to send Chuck on vacation I haven't heard a thing for what seems like months? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

Rick

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i think i remember chuck saying he was just gonna use that money to help run lawnsite instead of a vacation.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hunt down Phil and ask him to crank A-1 up and see what happened. Its too bad that Phil got so upset with the process and left us, as he was a good source.

It doesn't matter to me where, when, why, or what Chuck did with the money as long as it helped him.

I do believe that somewhere, Chuck should write a history of how HE started this site with dates and show a chronology of all events leading up to today. It should be accessable to all who log in. This will give the new user an appreciation of the service that Chuck has done for all who benefit from this.

I don't need to know if Chuck is making money from this because he should. All should know to CLICK on the AD BANNERS at the top of the page and support those who support Chuck and us. Thanks.

4. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Phil posts pretty regularly on the Lawn and Landscape magazine bulletin boards. I don't think he really fits the majority of businesses here. I get the feeling that most of us are smaller operators. He seems geared to the really large operators with shops and 25 trucks. Does anyone else get that feeling?

5. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I kinda felt the same about Phil, as Vandora...It's a shame though.You would think he would like to help the little guys and gals out. He would have alot to gain by helping all us little companies become big, then we would be in his realm and need him more. hahaha. I like hearing what he had to say. Instead he got all flustered and uptight.

6. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Please don't take it personal Phil...It's just an opinion...

7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Phil needs to get people who are going to invite him to seminars with 5 course dinners. I don't know about you all but I can afford a 5 nugget dinner with fries at Wendy's :)

What do you think Phil??

Joking aside, he has to earn a living at what he does and he feel that this isn't the best place to do it. Good luck!!

Mike
    Greenkeepers

8. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering the same thing,I sent my check in....to bad we could not pull this thing off for chuck.

9. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I am not sure how this question was anwered in a discussion about Nilsson but was/am still waiting for the answer. Its a curiousity thing only, really.
    Or maybe I should ask Phill myself...

Rick
    PS. See first post if none of this makes sense.