1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

vacation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Feb 19, 2005.

?

Do you or have you left your co. to let your guys run the show while on vacation?

1. YES I HAVE

65.6%
  2. I WOULDNT

18.8%
  3. NO EMPLOYEES!!

15.6%
  1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Who here goes on vacation and leaves the company behind to let your employees run the show.

Jason

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a solo but i have a buddy of mine who works with me a few times a month. He has come in and ran my Friday routes for me on occasion if I leave town. I trust him. He knows what he's doing and the customers like him.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Last year (in July), I took the entire month off and rented a house at the Jersey shore for myself and my g/f...not a single phone call from one customer the entire time or one complaint. I came home each Friday, picked up the payroll and saw my guys in the afternoon to talk. Myself and another person did maintenance on Saturday morning and then back to the beach by noon until the following Friday.

Now I ask...how sweet is that? :D

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

that's great, i envy you.
    did you play that Springsteen song "jersey Girl" for her, bringing her "to the shore".

that would have been an instant score on your part... :)

5. rodfather

LOL...good one Adam. BTW, we were at Lavalette which is like halfway between Point Pleasant and Seaside.

6. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

nice beach I enjoy going down to widwood becouse the size of the beach is so big no chance of a bunch of asses getting in the way kicking sand around have u ever been their Rod.

7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yea i leave for mexico in 5 days. I will be gone for 2 weeks. Iam not really nervous just hoping we dont get any snow. The guys i have that work for me are good hard workers they have worked 40-50 hrs straight plowing. Lawn and landscaping no problem i dont even see some of them for a month. That end of the business runs its self.

8. rodfather

Wildwood is real nice...that's another hour or so south of where I was.

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

not to bring this thread even more off topic, but i love Belmar. not as crowded, beaches are beatiful. not as much to do for kids, but the beach itself is nice. not too far either. Wildwood is a ride! i almost ran out of parkway last time. you know you're deep when you hit a stop light on the parkway ;)

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Rod--I'm starting to believe that signature line more and more. :D

We went to California and Las Vegas this winter and that is a tough time to go away for me because of the plowing but we go to see my wife's kids for the holidays.Summers months are much easier for me and yes we are going away this year in the summer.