vacationing in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by c3wlandscaping, Dec 21, 2011.

1. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

My vote, http://www.floridastateparks.org/longkey/default.cfm

You can camp right on the beach and have a campfire, snorkle and see corals and sponges, lots of fish, dive if you are certified, go fishing, they also have cabins. One of my favorite places in the world. :clapping:

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

If you're flying it may be better to go to the keys and fly into Miami. I know you can rent efficiency pretty cheap for around $120 a night 2 beds 2 baths. I stay in Islamorada which is like 2 hours from Miami with traffic and the best fishing in the US in my opinion. You can literally be in 500ft of water and see shore. If you can squeeze into march you can get lobster which is a must do in the keys. West coast you would have to go 30-40 miles. SWFL is just to expensive and not really kid friendly. I lived in Iona and could see sanibel/captiva. It's a busy place in April as ric stated. I know Ft Myers beach has rentals too but as I said before it really isn't kid friendly IMHO. Everything is closed at dark. To bad you can't make it for scallop season in July then Homosassa is very nice old Florida.

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Islamorada I believe holds more igfa fishing records than any other place on earth
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto on Cayo Costa. if you want to get away from Everything ( and I do mean everything) Cayo Costa is the place.

You dont need a boat, though, you can catch a water taxi from Pine Island.

5. fl-landscapes

I was able to get out in my boat today for this first time in a while. I cruised by caya costa and happened to snap a photo. As you can see the beaches are beautiful and no crowds. There isnt much to do on caya costa but relax but maybe thats what your looking for.

cayacosta.jpg

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Nice shot. You come to Hawaii now, it is gusty and stormy. No sun. It has been that way this time of the year ever since BHO has chosen to vacation here at Christmas and New Year. I wonder if it is a sign.

7. fl-landscapes

It was flat calm out there today. That was the outside in the gulf, the inside was glass. The shot was just a cell phone pic to tease my friends back home in chilli massachussetts
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. I have been living with 30-40 MPH winds since November. My clients are starting to get anxious because that is not the kind of weather I will apply in. Not a TG/CL franchise.

9. fl-landscapes

That blows :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. fl-landscapes

Tgcl can spray in 50 mph, remember dyhydrogen oxide doesnt cause collateral damage
    Posted via Mobile Device