Vacationing in summer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Aug 22, 2003.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

How many of you take a vacation in the summer when things are busy? Sprinkler biz in Colorado is limited to about March 15 to Dec 1, so we have to make money during those months.

I just took 2 weeks in Montana (smokey as heck due to the fires). I was impressed with the way my technician handled things here. He is also a friend of mine and stayed at my house to take care of the dogs. He was able to troubleshoot a couple of things on his own that I didn't think he would have been able to.

I just think it's a waste to not vacation during the nice summer months. I've also taken a few long weekends for hot air ballooning (a buddy of mine is a pilot and I crew for him). Going up to Snowmass in mid-Sept as well. Have also been to Albuquerque in Oct in the past.

Just curious if you all wait until winter when things slow down.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I just got a kayak to fish from so I like to go in the afternoons. I live to set da hook on somin. This fall when the stripers start running on da coast I hope to take 2 weeks off and fish. :D A man has got to have time to play. :D

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I go down to the virgin islands at least twice a year. St thomas, st john etc

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i take vacation in 1 day intervills or quit early just cant afford to let things go for to long but i am trying to go soon

6. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I leave early every Fri afternoon from mid may to Halloween to spend weekends on my boat. Doing a 4 day weekend this weekend and plan to fish as much as conditions allow.

See Me on the Weekend

7. HBFOXJr

Atlantic Ocean at the top and lower Barnegat Bay where the marina sits. I'm in the marina sticking out into the water. The breezes are tropical, sunsets spectacular, the drinks plentiful and cool and the women are the very best a man can meet.

marina aerial email size.jpg

8. Mark B

What kind of boat do you have? Would it be a 70 ocean yatch fully loaded with outriggers, and all those gold reels? :D

9. HBFOXJr

No biggie. 26ft Sea Ray Sundancer. Same view as the big boats at a fraction of the cost. We can only go to 40 ft on a few boats in this place. Sometimes I fish from mine and sometimes I go with a friend on one of the bigger ones.

10. Mark B

Sweet I hear that the albies are starting to show up in some spots close to you. I can't wait till the fall when they come down here I'm going to go try my luck with them in my kayak. :D