1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Vacations

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by grass4gas, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

JB1

Any More in my case it is local Florida attractions that become my reluctant Vacations when old Friends Visit. I have to show them a good time and a Boat Ride up the River is only good for a short time. So off we go to the same old attractions I have been to many times before. Of course they are new to my guests.

One nice thing about living near the Cruise Capital is the last minute discount cruises. BTW something I haven't done in a while. By placing your name on their list they call 5 to 14 days in advance to fill a Cancellation Cheap. The last thing Cruise lines want is a vacant or half vacant cruise. The shorter the notice the cheaper the cruise. I have been to the Caribbean enough times to know it is a wonderful place to visit but not the best place to live.

I have also been in almost every country in the S.E. Pacific & S.E. Asia including Mainland China in Feb of 1981. What many people don't know is there is a bridge from Hong Kong to the Main Land. In January of 1981 I saw the Pope John XXIII in Mania. The Beaches of Micronesia are beautiful even when some have BLACK sand. My last trip there was in 1995 so it has been a while.

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

#1 The Florida keys, snorkle and dive.
    #2 North Carolina Mountains, hike and see the sights.
    #3 The occasional cruise or theme park visit, I love Roller Coasters. :cool2:

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

My favorite is a seven day Caribbean cruise --- the more destinations/islands per cruise, the better. Usually 2 excursions per day -- like feeding stingrays off the coast of the Cayman Islands, a submarine ride in Aruba, our touring a glass factory in Venezuela. One of the coolest Carribean islands is Grenada (the spice island) -- You can smell the nutmeg & other spices a half mile offshore before the ship even docks! A ten day cruise tends to be a bit too long to me. Cruises are the best bang for the buck, but we've been to several Sandalls resorts, but they cost more per day, and you're stuck in the same place all week. Never seen the Pacific, but my folks said I should see Hawaii at least once.....we'll see. Early January seems to be the best time for us to take a vacation. After 20 years of plowing snow, I'm training one of the guys to take my place. We'll see how that goes.

Like one member said, If I was rich, I wouldn't be on lawnsite.com :laugh:

4. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

This will be our 6th cruise. Our 1st one was a 10 day Panama Canal cruise. That was neat, especially when you are in the locks and watch how they work...awesome. Sailed from San Juan to Acopolco...3200 nautical miles. 5 islands on that trip, not counting San Juan.

Never been to an all inclusive resort but would like to try it once.

I've been to Hawaii once...did Oahu and the Big island...5 days on each. Very nice. You gotta go.

Plowing sucks, that's why I don't do it anymore. Haven't in years. I just sub it out. Speaking of snow, did you get clobbered with this latest storm?

5. i was suppose to take the wife to Hawaii for an anniversary but ended up going to Pannama city beach instead, I would like to get a beach condo there, nice place. but I guess I'll have to make the Hawaii trip this year.

6. americanlawn

from midwest

We have dodged the bulk of the snow. Plowed only once so far (4 1/2 inches). Last year, we set snowfall records, and we're still sick of it from last winter. DA Quality & others in Minnesota are getting what we got last year, but many guys here are making BANK on ice control. Regarding Hawaii -- I hear it's very expensive. Nice place to visit, but I would never consider buying a winter home there cuz it's too far away for friends to visit.

7. americanlawn

from midwest

I joined this website over 15 years ago. http://www.escapeartist.com

It offers ideas on vacations, rentals, etc, but their real estate ads are way overpriced cuz they deal with sponsors. Anybody interested in buying a winter home .... it's best to rent first to see if it's for you.

8. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Heading to Maui on jan 6th through the 22. Im so ready for the warm weather.
    We try and go every year. This will be our 7th year. Buy that fert on your credit card and you can pay for your air fair....... Aloha

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i myself like to go snow sking. have to make it out to Co again soon.

10. Hoots

Hoots LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Cruising!

Headed to Galveston on Voyager of the Seas mid January. Should be fun.

Have some friends in Florida at Disney World this week.........COLD:laugh: