Vaccum system for Toro Z Master?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Radon, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Radon

Radon LawnSite Member

Who uses a vaccum bagger for the Z Master, and how well does it pick up? Being in the SouthEast I'm primarily dealing with pine straw. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks..

2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Toro soft bagger during leaf season. I've had lots of problems with it but it's still the best way i've found to get up leaves if they have to be bagged. Unfortunatly it doesn't pick up pine straw very well unless their laying loosely on top of the grass which usually isn't the case.

3. Radon

Radon LawnSite Member

No one else has used a vacuum system for a Toro or Exmark? Any info would be helpfull

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Radon, finally someone from my neck of the woods! I have a exmark (same as a Toro basically) with the QDS baggin system that I used on 4 yards yesterday(straw) after all the high wind we got this week and it vacumed it up with no problem and it was thick. If you would like to see it in action would be glad to let you see how well it works. BTW, you can pm me if you like any more info, I probably know you as I have met a lot of other LCO around our area and a few not so friendly ones. Its hard to compete with Wrights and Days around here as they have everything sowed up but they do good work and ol Tim seems to be a good old boy. Folks up north dont know what straw and pine cones are :)

5. QualityLawnCare4u

BTW, I could also give you a heads up on several folks to avoid in Ware and Pierce county, save you some aggravation.

6. Radon

Radon LawnSite Member

Quality Lawn Care for You..Thanks for the response. I tried to send you a PM. but it wouldn't let me. It is nice to have someone inn the area to ask questions of. I would like to get with you and pick your brain on a few things. Thanks.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

Radon, I forgot that when you are a new member that you have to have a certain amount of post or be a member for around 30 days if I remember correcty. I used the bagger today on a yard that had not been done in 6 weeks and picked up every bit of straw and cones with no problem. I dont know if I can post my number on a open forum but my number is --- 6859 and Im sure you know what the 3 numbers in Pierce county are.