Vacuum Suction Hose

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dutch, Apr 2, 2001.

1. dutch

dutch LawnSite Member

It's time to replace the old suction hose of the roving nozzle on my vac. I'm confused with the choices of material and type. PVC/EPDM? Clear/Blue/Black? Wire/PVC flex? Any suggestions?

I only need 15'- 20' (7" diameter) so I don't want to buy a 50' roll. Any online suppliers?

TIA

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Back when I used to use my homemade lawn vac, I went to a local dealer that sold lawn vacs to buy the hose for mine. I do know it's not cheap, but I used the wire reinforced hose that lasted a long time. Since I haven't picked up anything in the past 7 seasons, it's lasting even longer. ;)

3. dutch

dutch LawnSite Member

Eric, thanks for the reply. I know suction hose isn't cheap and there are so many new products on the market. That's why I'm looking for advice. What type were (are) you using? Thanks again.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

5. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

any good hose specialty shop should be able to get you what you need. there's one up here in EDISON n.j. called "the hose shop" they do anything that has to do with hoses.they have almost every kind imaginable.i bought some of the wire re-inforced 7" hose about 2 years ago i think it was about $10-12 bucks a foot.hope this helps.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Dutch
    I have no idea what brand it is, but it is white and wire reinforced and I got it at a local mower shop here in town. Sorry that I can't help you out more.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I buy the clear wire reinforced hose. Its easer to see where a block is in the hose. It runs $10.00 to $12.00 per ft..Green sticks are the demise of most hose problems. They bend just enough to reach the center section of the hose befor getting stuck where you can't reach them for removal.

Gene

8. dutch

dutch LawnSite Member

Just wanted to thank everyone would responded to my original post. I found exactly what I was looking for from a supplier suggested by one of you, http://www.ihozs.com. Bill, the owner went out of his way to help me. That’s again…………