vacuum systems on trucks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Nov 4, 2003.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

How come I see all of these vacuum systems on trucks when you could just mulch leaves or bag them?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

because sometimes you simply cannot bag OR mulch them because they are so soaking wet that they bog down the machines ,,, so therefore its putting the ol rakeNtarp methods to work.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i'd love to see someone mulch 6" of wet leaves.... it all depends on teh area. up north there are more pines so less leaves, down south less leaves, but around here there's a forest in every yard.
  4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well i mulch then bag up most of the leaves.then i empty the baggers in front of the leaf loaders to get sucked up and broken down more
  5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i fit more leaves in my truck by using a loader

im000168 (2).jpg
  6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'll ditto what has been said. #1 it's impossible to mulch the leaves up here. There are so many properties with multiply trees that it is not uncommon to find 6" of leaves covering the ground, (try mulching that). Like Mike said the loaders allow us to put quite a bit more in the trucks. It shreds/mulches the leaves to reduce the load, just got mine this year and I don't see how I ever got along with out it. I have at least tripled the amount of clean-ups I can do because of the loader.
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I do it just because it looks cool. Then there are the people who chase me down the road asking me to come back and do their lawn. We are only part time and don't do any advertising for leaves and we still get several calls every day.
  8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

With so many leaves on properties this time of year, it just looks neater. :cool: