Vacuum Tube

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Nov 25, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

While sucking leaves with my Grasshopper , the vacuum tube got a large split in it. This was the second split this year. I used duct tape to fix the first tear. I went to the dealer and bought a new one, $45.00, ouch! Does anyone know where to buy these tubes at a reasonable price?
  2. klite

klite LawnSite Member

Is That Hose much Thicker than A good quality Dryer hose?
    If not try Home Depot.
  3. jannan

jannan LawnSite Member

Try PRECOPARTS.COM, they might carry what you need
  4. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Duct (200mph) tape and wire ties will fix anything.
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Buy some good hose, the cheap stuff is nothing but headachs every day.
  6. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Bob, J. Thomas is where we get all our stuff.They have 4" for 5.98/ft, 6" for 7.95/ft, 8" for 10.99/ft, and 10" for 18.25/ft with minimum of 5ft. I think these are fair prices and in this book the more you buy the cheaper it gets!! There url is:
    The site is under construction so be patient but at least you can get a catalog.
  7. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Look in the yellow pages under industrial hoses.We found one that was 2.00 cheaper a ft. than the dealer wanted for a Trac Vac hose
  8. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

We buy ours at an industrial hose and coupler manufacturer, they sell to lesco for the same price so we save a bundle
  9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I have my upper hose on the Trac-Vac wrapped completely with black duct tape. I was tired of everything blowing through on me. I would also like to find a tougher hose but right now the tape is the best fix, and cheaper. Been holding for over a month now!