vacuum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

well i had been searching for a vaccum transfer system to suck fert outa hoppers and back into the bag, such does exist but you need a pretty high cfm air compressor to run the gun, not reasonable for a mobile setup in my trailer

so i found this stainless steel wall mount vac i just put into my trailer,
    it runs off my trailers inverter , has an 18' hose so i can clean up spills etc. in or outside, and it wet/dry --

gonna get one for garage at my house next

should make life a bit easier this yr

0312121230a.jpg

2. TurfTek1

TurfTek1 LawnSite Member

dang man, this is a very good idea!!! I have been scouping my fertilizer out of a one gallon measuring jug for over three years. Why the heck have i havent thought of that before. Very Good idea. The Highest horse power shop vac wil be added into my trailor next week!! THANK YOU!!!:hammerhead:

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

How can you run it off truck voltage. Do you mean you have an inverter to produce 120 volts? A vacuum like that would draw a lot of watts--how big is your inverter?

May I suggest a dustbuster (an idea I learned about on this site).
    OR...use one of those small leaf suckers like homeowners use for leaves. They are also small blowers of course.

If you are back at the garage, of course, use a wet/dry vac. Make sure it is mostly plastic as the fert is corrosive to metal.

Wax everything with car wax (another idea from this site), reduces sticking.

4. jbturf

the vac basically 900 w max, part of the reason i choose this one,
    inverter is 1500 w max , my microwave in the trailer actually draws more

5. nhfertman

nhfertman LawnSite Member

nice idea. no more coffee cups

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a good idea

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You have a microwave?

8. jbturf

y, i was gonna put a keurig in also(im a coffee fiend) but it tripped the
    inverter soon after start up- they draw like 1600 watts

the little lady wants a toilet in there for when she comes and helps, i havent figured that one out yet --an doont think i will

9. yardsmart

yardsmart LawnSite Member

Just put a toilet seat on a five gallon bucket :drinkup: Very nice idea with the shop vac.