Valpak

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Patriots, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Met with a Valpak saleswoman this morning. Basically it comes down to less than .03cents per ad - or $1450 per 50,000 mailings. When compared to the cost of direct mailing at .30cents per postcard and up, the cost sounds really, really good.

Has anyone tried Valpak, and if so with what success?

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good but are the Valpaks going to a targeted group of people. If 20% of the people get you ad and live in an apartment unit thats a lot of wasted money. Something to think about.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

DON'T...I REPEAT AND SHOUT.....DON'T waste your money!!!!

Back when I was more into residential I did 50K and even gave away something for FREE so I could gauge the results and got SQUAT.....NOTHING, but a couple of price shoppers and no accts.

Surveys have also shown MOST folks trash the entire envelope without ever even opening (and I am one of those). Also there will probably be 2-5 OTHER LCO's in the same package with yours.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

save your money they suck
    waste of my money

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think I have ever opened one.

6. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Wow - to be honest I am a little surprise by y'alls results. I open it, but look for specific ads, Car Washes. I typically see the same businesses month after month - I would hope it was working for them. Wonder if the lack of response is just a green industry thing.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Me either.

8. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I did it also. One just like Valpak. It's like 4 or 500 bucks. I think I got like 14 calls out of 10,000 of them. They all sucked. Most just wanted one time jobs. I never did it again.

9. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

if you gonna do the valpak your alot better off doing what valpak calls, Solo Mail. Ask for information about that. i too spoke with a valpak represenative today. I dont know about everyone else on the board but if im gonna pay money for mailings i really dont want my ad mixed in with a bunch of other ads. Your gonna be better off mailing out your own postcard.

10. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I used Val Pak once too! What a waste of money!! I got one job from it out of the many thousands that went out.