ValPak

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LizardLawnCare, Dec 3, 2003.

1. LizardLawnCare

LizardLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Has anyone ever run ads in ValPak for a lawn care business?

What type of response did you get?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

good 2 so so all depends where u run and what u say in add u may also be in competition with other people in the same pack

3. LizardLawnCare

from Ohio

How many homes did you solicite and about how many customers did it bring? If you don't mind sharing.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

they have zones with 10,000 in a zone i did 20k got 5-10 calls each time out

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i bought one zone. hit 10,000 homes in prime season. cost me 6 bills. got 3 calls, landed 2 clients, not worth it imo

7. LizardLawnCare

from Ohio

We are looking to run 50,000 X2 (Feb & March) at about $3,200.00. Right at about 3 cents per house hold. That is for full color 2 sided on glossy paper. Some local landscapers are cleaning up with these. We are also going to do the door to door flyers/hangers as well. All I would need is about 20-25 customers out of 50,000 mailings (we picked highly dense home areas with not many apartments) to make it worth the money. They say the key to ValPak is repetition, thats why we split the 100,000 fliers into 5 areas of 10,000 2 months in a row.

Do you guys think I'm nuts or is it reasonable to get 20 - 25 customers from 50,000 homes? I am pretty confident about our closing percentage, this last year out of 125 new estimates only one did not sign-up.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

if u signed up that many people u bid 2 low

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Dusty-I am happy to get a one in ten signing on estimates.Maybe you don't have the competition that we have here.If you can get 99.9% signing, more power to ya;)

BTW-We wasted 2500.oo on Valpak.I think everyone keeps the pizza coupons, and throws the rest in the trash.:D

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yeah....that's pretty much what I do:laugh: