Valtra tractor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Marek, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know anything about Valtra tractors? Looking at a 2006 A95 with cab heat and air with 88 hours on it.Front and rear hydrolics.Any clues as to what its worth?

2. Marek

Also need a number on a 2004 Woods 9180 15' finish mower.Very little use.

3. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

All I know about them is they are suppose to be really good tractors. You can also buy these in a few different colors which is rare in the tractor world. They are owned by Agco which owns many brands of tractors including the Massey Ferguson and Challenger line.

4. TEES

TEES LawnSite Member

I am unfortunately unable to help with a dollar value as the markets are so different between Australia and the US. I am currently looking for a 2nd hand bobcat T180. In the US such a machine would be worth approxs 30K (US) here it is worth about 50K (US).

As far as the Valtra tractors go, they ar excellent. very well made, strong and reliable. They are one of the few tractors which can be configured from the ground up to suit your needs and are custom made. You can even arrange to visit the factory whilst yours is being made to see it being consructed and then drive it off the production line. Valtra make excellent diesel engines (Sisu) which have bee used in a wide range of machinery for some time. This is why Agco bought Valtra as they had bee fitting SISU diesel to Massey tractors for years and wanted to get their hands on the company. I would rank this firm as one of the top 5 tractor companies world wide.

Would strongly recomend the machine. Just be carefull some models are now built in brazil instead of Finland. I have not heard of any problems with the brazilian machines it is worth keeping in mind.

Regards

Gareth

5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Check with mullinex's equipment in Dayton(I think thats the name of the town) it's in howard county. If it's Mullinex that's tryin to sell it to you, they are good people and probably won't steer you wrong.

6. Marek

I went by there today and they said it was worth 39k which is fine.We have bought a few things from them in the past.

7. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what the Woods 15' would bring now. Been a while since I looked at those that size. Valtra like I said is an excellent machine from what I hear but I don't know anyone who has one. Where we live it's all Deere, Case IH, and New Holland.

8. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

The mullinix's are good folks. I grew up down the street from Gene.

Heck they have been running one for years at the grainery. I hear nothing but good things about them.