Value 06' Bobcat T180 w/ cab??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Sep 17, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

What would yall value an 06' T180 w/ 2800hrs. New engine, tracks, paint, rebuild on hydro system. Hand/foot controls, enclosed cab w/ ac.

Machine is owned by a buddy who owns a heavy equipment repair/rental shop. All work done by his shop, which two buildings down from my shop.

He already gave me a price and offered to owner finance the balance after my. $9k down payment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

T180 is pretty small for what you want to do, isn't it? I don't think you'll be able to run your sand bag attachment on a T180.

3. KrayzKajun

T180 is damn near identical to T190. I've run my attachment on a T190 w/ no issues. Sandbag attachment weighs 2k pnds +\-
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Kinda sounds like it was abused to need a new motor and a hydro system rebuild in 2800 hours. id say somewhere between 13-18.

Krazy check ur pm.

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Just about 9k, it's the equivalent of a car with a salvage title to me with all that work and hours.

6. KrayzKajun

Story behind the machine was it was run low on oil causing motor to lockup. It sat for two years until my buddy bought it and started fixing it. Now he is upgrading his rental fleet.

He offered it to me for $20k plus he will offer a 1yr warranty on all work they did.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a bit steep for that machine. If someone ran a machine low on motor oil they probably didn't do any type of greasing or maintenance, and the machine was probably abused. For another 6 k you can have that kubota. Well worth it in my opinion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

When I bought my t190 I paid 18500 for it. 2006 gold package with high flow. Dirt bucket grapple and pallet forks. Hours were 1000 that to much money for that hours. I would pass and keep looking

9. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah pop on rbauction.com and see what T180's are selling for. I think that is way too high.

..I just checked. In the last 6 months they have sold 10 T180's. Highest price was $15k, lowest price was $8k with 3200 hours on it. Median sale price was $13k.

10. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

$20k is way too much. I would pass on the machine, just like AEL said it was most likely abused. Its going to give you headaches in the long run.
    Posted via Mobile Device