Lawn Care Forum banner

Value 06' Bobcat T180 w/ cab??

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ksss 
#1 ·
What would yall value an 06' T180 w/ 2800hrs. New engine, tracks, paint, rebuild on hydro system. Hand/foot controls, enclosed cab w/ ac.

Machine is owned by a buddy who owns a heavy equipment repair/rental shop. All work done by his shop, which two buildings down from my shop.

He already gave me a price and offered to owner finance the balance after my. $9k down payment.
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
Kinda sounds like it was abused to need a new motor and a hydro system rebuild in 2800 hours. id say somewhere between 13-18.

Krazy check ur pm.

#6 ·
Story behind the machine was it was run low on oil causing motor to lockup. It sat for two years until my buddy bought it and started fixing it. Now he is upgrading his rental fleet.

He offered it to me for $20k plus he will offer a 1yr warranty on all work they did.
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 ·
That's a bit steep for that machine. If someone ran a machine low on motor oil they probably didn't do any type of greasing or maintenance, and the machine was probably abused. For another 6 k you can have that kubota. Well worth it in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
Went today and looked at the machine, they were putting the motor back together. I got the full story on what happened. The machine got backed into a ditch. The guy who rented it thought he had flushed the motor/compartment out good, but he didn't and had sand in the oil pan. Which inturn caused them to spin the crank shaft. Machine is in amazing shape with new sprockets, tracks, etc.

I made him offer lower than what he told me. Once he gets it put back together he is letting take for a week free of charge to demo on a few jobs and running my sandbag attachment. I'll update when I can.
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
FWIW, in October of 2012, I paid $23,500 for my 2006 T300 with Gold Package, high flow, 860 on the clock and complete service history. The undercarrage was in good shape but she needed some new rubber at a cost of around 4K. The previous owner used it extensively on concrete so the tracks weren't a surprise. There were a few odds and ends that needed attention but nothing serious. The most costly single part was a new refrigeration hose for the A/C. I'm thinking I have around $550 in parts which has me at ~28K for a low-hour CTL.

#14 ·
I would also think you would want something bigger. That's not much of machine for disaster clean up. I have no experience in that really, but I would think you would want a large frame machine, something that can move large amounts of material, large trees and debris. The T190/180 are pretty anemic, fine for landscaping but certainly not for production type operations which disaster clean up certainly would be (at least in my view). I have rented T190's and found them totally worthless for HD dirt moving type operations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.