Value of 2 spray rigs ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ground Master, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 older spray rigs that I'd like to find out what they may be worth.

unit 1 has a 50 gallon tank and 100 gallon tank mounted on a skid that can slid into pickup bed. It has 2 electric hanney hose reels. Each reel has 300 or 400 feet of hose. Pumps are also electric. I am not sure what they are capable of, i.e. psi and gallonage. Hoses would most likely have to be replaced and/or inspected closely.

unit 2 is the same as unit one, but has just a 100 gallon tank and 1 electric hose reel with an electric pump.

I appreciate any ideas as to there worth.

2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

GM
    Around here they're worth about $600 minus whatever parts & labor it would cost to make them daily user reliable. That said, they could sell for $1-$500 as is? A gas motor & decent diaphragm pump would increase the value by $200-$350 easy.

Curb appeal is important. Rust & dirty poly tanks that make them hard to look at will also make them hard to sell no matter the actual mechanical integrity.

Hope this helps
    Steve

3. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the reply steve.

I'm just tired of looking at them. I may just ask 200 or so just to get rid of them