1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Value of a used machine? Or price of a new machine for a newbie just gettin started.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lorensanders, Mar 11, 2006.

1. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

Hey guys im just getting into business and I wish to purchase a spray rig for residental weed control. Can someone please help me out with what type to buy. Can I spend less than 2500.00 and get what I need.

Im also looking at buying a Wylie spray rig its used. This man wants 2250.00 for it. It has the following.

5.5 Honda engine
    cox electric real
    300 ft of red clear hose.
    200 gallon square tank
    hypro pump on it
    tee jet gun.

He says its only 3 years old but it was blue and he painted it green and the paint is peeling off . All of the serial numbers are intact. How can I tell how old this unit is?
    Has rust spots looks used more than he says it was..

Can someone give me an idea value of what this is worth. Or where i can buy one for a reasonable price if possible.
  2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not get a used Permagreen? Pulling hose is just plain antiquated.
  3. lorensanders

im from oklahoma city, what is it and how much does it cost.
  4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

www.permagreen.com there is a link to used units. i found some REALLY good deals, and i'm sure somebody with-in 100 miles of you has one for sale. make sure you look at the ULTRA units, not the older CENTURY.
  5. lorensanders

im not interested in a permagreen i want a hose unit.........any good suggestions can it get one for less than 3000
  6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

There are 2 companies in Az that work on and build spray systems , they gat a lot of there stuff from Fimco & that's now where I go to get mine .
    I pay about the same as they do cuzz I'm licensed .
    You can do a LOT better if you get stuff from the net .
    Do a search for each thing you mentioned and see what price you come up with .
    $2250.00 sounds like it's to much , how ever , I bough a cax reel with 300'
    of hose last year , cost $800.00 , I think , could of been less
    I would buy new , not used , you'll regret it

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

check out lesco for a new spray rig
    for a little more money it can be new
  8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The 80's called. They want their spray rig back.:laugh:
  9. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you can get a new lesco spacesaver for about $3200. or you can probably get a used one on ebay for around $1600. if you are getting a used one make sure the pump has been maintained.
  10. lorensanders

I just dont no the value of thies wylie machine.........someone help...