Value of a used mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by clc2003, Jun 1, 2004.

1. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

I am looking for some kind of "bluebook" for mowers. I have found a used Exmark Lazer Z 60" deck and it has a 25hp Kohler on back. Mower has 3000 hours on it but motor has only 300-400 hrs on it. new pumps for the hydrostat plus a extra drive belt and deck belt and extra idler pulley. I know that is a lot of hrs on a machine, but can't afford new one yet I need to buy something. He is asking 4000 for it and is willing to trade for my JD mower. Please help

2. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds about 1000 too high to me. JMHO though.

3. clc2003

from Ia

anybody else have an opinion

4. clc2003

from Ia

A price guide might be somekind of help, if someone knows how to find them and relay that info it would be greatly apprieciated.

5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I would go price a new mower and that may give you some idea of the worth of the used mower. And by the way the hour-meter on most mowers can be mis-leading. Most mower the clock ONLY runs when the blades are on. You could run one for a week straight with the blades off and the clock never show one minute of it. Just something to keep in mind.

6. clc2003

from Ia

Thanks for the info

7. shopbytch

shopbytch LawnSite Member

His price will come down in the winter :(

8. JandRLandscape

JandRLandscape LawnSite Member

Personally I would keep looking, hell I'm even looking on Ebay and will drive up to 12 hrs. To me your asking for trouble. 3000 hrs isn't too many hrs but $4000, no way. I agree its at least $1000 too high.

I have a guy in my area selling a bobcat w/kohler engine 3 or 4000 hours and he wants $4800, I laughed at him! Needless to say he got really really mad, then he lowered the price by $200.

The only way I would buy a machine with that many hours on it would be from my best friend and if you new how he took care of it.

Sorry but just my 2cents.

9. Liquid Cooled

Liquid Cooled LawnSite Member

10. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

my name is john i have a blue book i dont know who makes it cause i am at home call me @(423)926-3881 ask for john
    i can give you the price