1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Value of an Exmark Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark889, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Mark889

Mark889 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

Whats it worth guys and gals -

2004 60" Exmark Lazer Z 28 Hp Kohler EFI
    950 Hours
    Suspension Seat
    Very good condition, may need a new spindle or two. Engine blows no smoke upon startup, blade engagement etc. Everything else in very good to great condition. Used 1 year commercially and then was used to cut owners property.

I think the mower is worth $6000+ what do you guys think?
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Mark, just sent you a PM.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I feel $6K seems a bit high for a 1K hr machine.

If the spindles were new, and all belts and bushings were new, then maybe. How about the tires?

Is this your machine, or one that your looking at buying?

Dealer or personal?
  4. Mark889

Mark889 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

TLS this is a unit I am buying this saterday. I am not paying 6k. ATTENTION TLS - Please email me as I am very interested in your ultra-vac you have for sale. LoweryLawnLandscape@hotmail.com

This unit is not from a dealer. The tires in the rear are new, fronts are original. Spindles are also original. I am paying $5,250.
  5. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

:p seem's very high to me. with no warranty about 4500.00 needs to much for 1k hours they drove it and made their money. get rid of the mower before it cost them! touch up paint can do wonders. i would buy a used w/b but not a ztr
  6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The EFI engine can be a nightmare and you are out of warranty so you will pay the bills. Everything is more expensive on the EFI to repair.

I would go $4000 tops with 1000 hours.
  7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

$4000 tops but more like $3500.

You would give him $5250? Spend an extra $750 and get a NEW Z-two. You will get many more hours out of that then the eXmark with 1,000 hours on it......
  8. Mark889

Mark889 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I demoed a Ztwo and a tank which is the same unit and I was not impressed at all. No dealer support from either of the two. Both units cut were sub par, I was not impressed.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree just a little with some of the responses on here. I think for 5200, you're getting what is most likely a good machine. There has not been problems with the efi units at 1000 hrs. and thereabouts. I am speaking optimistically, but am wishing you the best with it. If you are changing a few spindles at 1000 hrs., - so what. That's a good life. Get ready for a new clutch, too, if it hasn't been changed, yet. But then again,...so what. These are normal wear parts, and are expected to go. One thing you MAY want to do - is a quick compression test. Also, as soon as you get it, go through the hydros and flush and fill them with new filters, of course.
  10. Mark889

Mark889 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I'm going to have to agree with you runner. Fortunately something alittle closer sparked my interest so I bought an 02 today instead.