Value of an used Xmark Lazer Z HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rm25x, Jun 16, 2012.

1. rm25x

rm25x LawnSite Member

I am looking to get some opinions on the value of a used Lazer Z HP with a 20hp Kohler and 52" cut in ready to mow condition. Also includes an Ultravac system. Has 2300 hours on the machine. I am a mechanic so I was looking for one to repair. I found one that was in a minor accident and needs the mounting plate where the wheel motor mounts repaired as well as a new rim. Also a new seat. Just trying to figure out if it is worth buying to fix up.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

laser z.jpg
  2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

That thing belongs in a graveyard. Let the poor thing rest in peace.
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe $1800, 20hp is kinda weak for that setup though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Not sure what the op is intending on doing with the mower. If he's going to resell it, there's no money to be made at 1800. If he's going to use it, I think he'd be better off paying 1800 down on a 48 metro or Viking. That thing is just beat to death. I wouldn't want to pay more a few hundred. Even though he's a mechanical 4 grand can fast just in parts. Then he'd have 5800 invested in an old mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Assuming no major mechanical problems, drive pulleys, hydros, etc. and in that condition $850 - $1,000 no more,2300 hours is 300 past it's useful life; 20 hp is very small for the deck and the Ultravac. A seat alone will cost ya a couple of hundred.

Cleaned & fixed up it might bring you $1800 to $2200 in our market.
  6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was referring to.
  7. rm25x

rm25x LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking as well. They ended up selling it for $1500, which is more then I would have paid for it anyways.
  8. Mcconathyfarm

Mcconathyfarm LawnSite Member

Hi, I can't figure out how to do a new post on here. could someone please tell me what a 2000 Exmark Laser 2, 26 H Kohler engine, 72 inch decck 1336 hours is worth?
  9. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

Seen an 08 going for 5500 at my dealer with 1000 hrs 72" deck. But didn't catch the motor size. I'd say pay no more than 3000$
    Posted via Mobile Device