Value of this dump trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by metro36, Feb 6, 2009.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

That thing looks pretty beat up. Wuts the year, type of axles etc? brakes? Its really a small dump. Try looking at a tandem, a little bigger.

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

This is going to be your first trailer of any kind? That is alot of money if you are only going to have one trailer for work. 5x8 or whatever that is will not hold much material so its almost pointless imo. Use the money and get a way nicer, tougher, more professional looking trailer.

4. metro36

I am waiting for more info on the trailer. It does look beat up but small dump trailers are hard to come by around here. I dont really have a need for a dual axle because it would mainly be used for carting my mowers (I would need to build a ramp gate).

5. metro36

Yes first trailer of any kind.

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

If your using it to haul mowers why do you need a dump? Or is it multi-purpose? You can get a 5x8 trailer for less then 1k. Mine has ramps that pull out under the trailer. Try that.

7. metro36

Multi Purpose. Haul mowers, mulch, compost, brush and leaves. I dont really want to use an open for mulch and soil's(too much work to unload). Most of the work I do is small so I was thinking it would be a good size for me. I dont want 2 trailers either.

8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

You'll outgrow that size as soon as you start working. The guys in Houston like to use dumps to haul mowers too. I'd go with a minimum 6x12, dual axle. My first trailer was a 6x12 and it took me a while to grow out of. A single axle dump is worthless in my opinion, they just can't handle any weight. If I recall correctly the pine bark mulch I use is 700 lbs plus per yard. You're looking at well over a ton for 3 yards of mulch. I wouldn't pay over $1k for that trailer. Around here you can buy one like I described in better condition for around $3000.

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

10. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

complete waste of money kid....get a truck with a dump insert and an open trailer.