value on fert accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HBFOXJr, Apr 14, 2002.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Any one have an idea what 6 application fert accounts under contract are worth? Talking 80-100 accounts. Does number of accounts available have any bearing on value? These jobs are right in the local market being served. I would call these good accounts as the apps are properly priced and the opportunity for upsells on seed and aeration are there.
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

50-100% of annual revenue.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If I were you, I would jump on that. Not only is there good money in fert, but there's a real window of opportunity for you in upscale selling...dethatching, aerating, overseeding, Spring & Fall clean-ups, bed maintenance, prunning, mulching, even mowing, etc.

As for how much they're worth, I would have no probelm offering 50%. Maybe more after I had a chance to look at some/all of the properties.

Go for it...good luck!
  4. HBFOXJr

By the standards you guys have, I stole them.

Rodfather, we don't do general maint, just fert and irrigation but it was a deal. Guy told me chemlawn offered $80 and I didn't pay that but I was a quick and hassle free deal for him.

I would have thought CL would have paid more. Maybe if he had a whole large company to sell. Or maybe the way they reatin anymore that is all they can afford. Wonder what it costs them in advertising and labor to get a new account?
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Way to go...I wish you the best of luck...all the way to the bank.
  6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Harold say these are under contract? Does that include when it is under new ownership?
  7. HBFOXJr

Yes under new ownership. There are no clauses about assigning or not assigning to others.