Valve for Well Water Opinions

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by aquamtic, Jun 25, 2006.

1. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for some opinions on what others are using for a valve that seems to stand up better to minor sand fragments from wells
    Have been very happy with Hunter PGV valves for clean water but seem to be having problems or always need to install a spin down filter when it comes to well water.

2. greenhorn123

greenhorn123 LawnSite Member

RB DV 100

every well system should have a filter installed

nt100a.jpg

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

RB DVF-100 have 100 mesh filters on the solinoids. Excellent sandy water valves.

We only install spin downs on non potable sources. No failures on the DVF's.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

A spindown strainer (they're strainers, not filters, since they use a screen) is cheap enough insurance on any well water install. Some well debris is capable of lodging in the rubber of a valve diaphragm, and/or wearing it away over time, depending on how soft the diaphragm material is.

5. greenhorn123

greenhorn123 LawnSite Member

whatever you wanna call it, it filters the sediment out of the water.

the product name is VU~FLOW FILTER

I use a strainer when cooking macaroni

6. Dirty Water

I use Rusco Brand Spin-Down Filters.

7. Wet_Boots

Hey, they're not dumb. Filter is a better sales word than strainer. A filter has a three-dimensional medium, a strainer has a two-dimensional medium. (and the importance of this point lies somewhere between stagnant and pressure)

8. Dirty Water

So the ceramic cartridge filters that we used to use on my house water would be a filter not a strainer? :)

9. Wet_Boots

Those cartridges make it a filter.

And for our next splitting of hairs, we will discuss the difference between Absorb and Adsorb

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

If I read the thread correctly you were the first one to split the hairs. :drinkup: