Valve ?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by longball07, Apr 17, 2008.

1. longball07

longball07 LawnSite Member

I see that HD sells the RB 100 JTV. A Wholesale store also sells that same model, more expensive and they also sell the RB 100 DV. Which valve is better. Can I use the RB 100 JTV from Home Depot?

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

None are better...

i think london has proved that the dv cracks...
    get a irratrol jartop..best price,works well

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Yet that has never been duplicated by anyone else. I believe they crack there, and have cracked for others, but not to the point of a plague.

Many have had fine results with the DV valves, we continue to use them daily.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I repair DV's more than most, but only because that is the valve of choice in our area. Percentage wise, I think the Irritrol Jar Top (2400) gets worked on the most. BUT they are the easiest to work on so I don't mind them. I have replaced many a cracked 2400 too. And not just from freezing. I have already replaced 5 DVs from freezing at 3 different homes. Not blown out.....

5. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

irritrol 2400's here, but there's a special place in my heart for the dv100.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I installed more DVF's than anything else, and serviced more 2400's.

I've never seen a cracked DFV.

That said, the JTV at home depot is not the same as the jar top's you can buy through a parts house. They are made of different materials.

7. I have seen many.....service, service,service is different than install, install, install...

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

2400t is easy to service, that is good because it is going to need service. I like 100 dv. That and 1800,s are the only RB products I use.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I'll add, when comparing products from your big box and local supply store, all you need to do is look at the part number. If the big box item has a different part number than the "exact" same item you would find at a real supply house, then it is a big box specialty item, in which case I would avoid it like the plague.

10. longball07

longball07 LawnSite Member

Kiril, I agree that is a good rule of thumb. But for a homeowner, as far as this valve goes. The part number at the supply house is identical to the part number at HD. RB JTV-100. The only difference I can tell is the HD has a gray bottom and the supply store is all black!