van to fert. and haul perm-a-green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am looking into using a van to fert. lawns .
    i would like to haul the ride on in the van. how do you have it set up? any pictures?
    right now i am using a pick up/cap with the rack on the back..

2. Hello Ant,

I use a van to haul my PG around. It works just fine. I don't have a digital camera but I will try to borrow one to snap some pics.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

hi dan;;;
    hope all is well..
    how do you have it set up?

4. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

5. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

6. Yes, it is pink. That is some van he has there... :D

7. Here are some pics of the tail end of my work van. I hope that helps. If you have more questions feel free to fire away.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The idea of pink DOES stand out. Even though you COULD (not necessarily,...being a small guy) run into some copyright trouble, I would be inclined to use a Pink Panther type logo. I think this would be nothing but too cool! There is a trucking company around here (actually Detroit area) that deals in landscape supply and boulders. Their company's name is Bedrock Trucking...and you guessed it,..they use Flintstone characters on their trucks.
    Speaking of color, down in Ohio (Hocking Hills area), there is a Garbage company who's trucks are all purple and decked out with chrome wheels and accessories. Now you talk about getting NOTICED!

9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I use a van also. But I tow a 16 foot trailer to haul my fertitlizer, extra water, and the permagreen. I use the back of my van for backpack sprayers, chemicals, and tools, and my push spreader. A 12 or 14 foot trailer would be big enough, but I have other equipment where I need a 16 foot.

10. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

how do you guys with vans deal with the odor issues. I thought about a van but opted for an enclosed trailer mainly because i didnt want to smell the fert. weed killer etc. all day long, Just curious?