Van, Trailer and mowers for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by BTLS, Feb 6, 2007.

1. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I've upgraded and am putting my van, trailer and mowers for sale. I'm putting it on the street tommorrow but I'm giving lawnsite members first shot. I'll explain everything in detail.
    First, all of it goes for $1500.00. This is all used gear that I have relied on during the past year. Through some good fortune, I now have a new mower, trailer and truck. I would recommend this gear to anyone who is newer to the business and needs a decent vehicle, trailer and a couple of good mowers. I'm selling it very cheap because I don't need it and have upgraded.
    88 chevy astrovan- 123K miles- was rebuilt at some point- don't know anything else about that. NO oil leaks, pulls the little trailer with no effort. The van is burgandy inside and out. Seats 2 up front and 3 in the back. Just about everything is worn- not horrible and not filthy, just worn. Now the fun stuff- both front doors open only from the inside- need new handles and mechanisms (approx 2-3 hundred according to my mechanic.) I enter in the morning through the sliding door and once the driver door is rolled down, I just reach in and open it from the inside handle for the rest of the day. It's a pain, but I'm used to it. the panel on the passenger front door- the bottom half is torn off. All windows roll up and down fine. The head liner is shot and needs to be replaced. The radiator leaks sometimes- mechanic wants me to replace it- I just kept adding water every few days until I got my new truck. Will need a couple of new tires soon- unless you like riding on steel belts. One of the rear windows has been replaced with plexiglass- serves it's purpose. Passes texas safety inspection every time. The engine light comes on after driving about 30 minutes- so if you go to get the sticker, do it soon after you start it. Brakes squeek when cold but it stops on a dime. Sometimes there is a very small amount of smoke when it starts- usually if it's sat for a week or so without driving. No oil on the driveway though. I'm certain there are other flaws here and there- it's a rough little van but here's the deal. It's cheap, gets good gas mileage, has a strong 6 cyl, and handled driving in the texas heat for 16 hours virtually non stop in a traffic jam as we were all evacuating from hurricane rita. Actually, I think that may have been what started the radiator problem. It's ugly but not horrible and it gets the job done. I've had 2 mexican fellows knock on my door to buy it this past season. Personally, I think that with a few hundred well placed dollars, it'd serve you well for a few seasons. I was going to do that before I found my new truck.
    TRAILER- I don't know all the fancy words but this is a 6 X 10 trailer that hooks up to my tow package on the van. The railes are about 1 1/2 feet. The metal has been painted black recently and all the 2 X 8's are new except for the tailgate- I didn't want to spend another 20 bucks for that part. It has the small wheels. It has a trimmer rack that holds 3 trimmers. Until last week, it held my scag 32 in walk behind, 2 21 inch mowers, my trimmers, blower and all my rakes, shovels, etc. No problem. It also has a spare tire rack but no spare tire. It tracks behind the van like it's superglued to the rear bumper. (tow package on the van is 4 months old.) It has a hand crank to raise and lower the trailer. All lights, turn signals, etc work. It is not registered and here, you simply check "hand maid trailer" and make up your own serial number (I swear!). It took me 10 muinutes to register and cost 20 ot 30 dollars. The trailer also comes with 2 ramps to load/unload your mowers.
    Honda (purchased new this summer)- 21 in walk behind- strong, used and the self-propelled mechanism doesn't work. Did when I stopped using it but doesn't today- don't know why. Starts easy and runs fine.
    John Deere(purchased new this summer)- 21 in walk behind- starts, runs great. Everything works fine. I have a new John Deere 21 in walk behind that I'm using in it's stead.
    Murray 11 hp 30 in rider (old style with steering wheel.) Runs fine, cuts fine but the shop says it needs a part to keep the battery charged. I jump start it from my van and it cranks and starts easy. Kind of embarrassing but I didn't have any other big mowers at the time. After a couple of days of this, it starts without the jumper cables.
    I also have a Murral 11 hp 30 in rider exactly like the one above, for parts. It doesn't run- tires flat, etc.
    I may have some other misc things to throw in if you want. Nothing big.
    In summation- this is the rig I started with. Not pretty but I handled 28 clients with it and got off to a good start. I used this exact set up, up until this month with virtually no problems- never left me stranded. Personally, I wouldn't rely on this to run your business unless I had a good, solid mower and trimmer to start off with. I would have no concern about driving this van a couple of hundred miles, as long as I had some water just in case. I bought the van from a friend for $1200. I bought the trailer for 350 and put a hundred into it. the mowers were around 3-4 hundred each and the trimmer rack was $70 or $80. I'm putting this rig on the street to sale for $1500.00 If someone from lawnsite wants it, I'll sell it for $1200.00 - however, I will sell it to the first person with the money, either way. This is all sold as is. I don't expect it to last because of all the mexican crews running through my neighborhood every day. Sorry this is so long, just wanted to explain everything up front. if you are interested, call me at 832-385-5893 or email me back here. This is sold as a unit and you can pick up anytime. I'm in Friendswood Texas (just south of Houston.) I'll now attempt to put photos up-

2. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Trying to upload a photo of the trailer

100_0839.jpg

3. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Here are the mowers included

100_0872.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0870.jpg

4. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I'll take some more in the daylight tommorrow- just snapped a couple tonight. sorry for the poor quality.

100_0876.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0875.jpg

5. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

If anyone is interested, pm me and I"ll send more photos.