Van

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zapmaz, Jun 3, 2008.

1. zapmaz

zapmaz LawnSite Member

My apt. doesnt allow pickups with loads in the back or trailers on site. So I

was wondering if its possible to transport a quick 36 inside a Ford Cargo Van.

Does anyone out there use a van instead of a truck?

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

got to uhaul.com and buy a used small box truck.

3. browningv308

browningv308 LawnSite Member

i do heating and air along with grass cutting and used to haul my walk behind weed eater blower and gas cans in the back just to save time if i had a yard close to a hvac job and the gas fumes would just about kill me also the smell of rotting grass under the deck would gag me as well now a days i just leave the van for service calls and the truck and trailer for grass

4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I use to work at a repair shop and we had a customer that ran out of a van. I know of one other that does the same. They just used the ramps to get the mower in and out. I am pretty sure they both had 36" toro walkbehinds. They looked REALLY cramped and disorganized. Thought about renting a parking space? I rented one when I had my longbed F250 and 20' enclosed trailer and I think it was like $50 a month.

5. zapmaz

zapmaz LawnSite Member

yes thats a good idea. I might just get a truck and trailer and try to find a parking space
    That I can rent. Thanks for the ideas..

6. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Get the inside dimensions of the wheel wells of your van and call or email BOP. They will tell you if the Quick will fit or not.

No problem with this type of set up at all!