Vandermolen backpack blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Feb 22, 2001.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any info on the Vandermolen 542BTX backpack blower? http://www.wikco.com has this unit for sale for $389.00 delivered. It's got a 40.2 cc Kawasaki engine, 590 cfm@250mph and weighs in at 19#. Sounds like a heck of a deal to me. What do you think? Thanks, Lynn

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lynn:

The Redmax EB6200 has more CFM and weighs the same and I have had 0 problems with mine in the past 3 seasons. The 62cc has as much CFM as the EB7000, but weighs 3 less lbs. Here is the specs.
    Product line: Pro Power Blowers
    Product Number: EB6200
    Engine Service: Pro Series
    Engine Type: Back Pack
    Max Air Volume: 730 CFM
    Max Air Speed: 200 MPH
    Noise Level: 75 dBA
    Engine Type: Pro
    Ignition System: Solid State
    Engine Displacement: 3.78 cu. Inches, 62 cc
    Fueltank: 67 oz.
    Dry Weight: 18.9 Lbs.

There are several members that have these and I don't know of anyone that doesn't like the EB6200 and they are not much more than what you are looking at.

3. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Does that Vandermolen blower have a windmill on it?? If I'm not mistaken, that blower is a copy of the Poulan 442 Backpack blower, which is not a bad blower. I think the price you stated for it is a little high forit though. Should be around $299.

SJR

4. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Gorrell,There is one model just above the one you talked about it is the 850BTX, they claim 750cfm and 250mph at 19lbs. that unit is about $449, but parts are hard to come by.

Good Luck!
    jerryslawnservice@home.com