Vandermolen Blower beats Redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever see or use one of these?

http://www.vandermolencorp.com/850BTx.htm

Looks like from the specs it beats a Redmax 7000???

Thanks for checking it out.

P.S., I noticed it in Turf, September 2002, pg A17 on the blower review section, under Vandermolen Corp.

Gary

2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

which specs....MPH is all...probably at the housing

that's a kawasaki krb400b

i've seen them, never operated one.

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

That's the first time I've heard of them. Where are they sold? I wouldn't mind getting a close look at one of them.

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 850tbx and like it very well. I've never run the redmax, but this fella has lots of "blow" I got it at www.wikco.com Lynn

5. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

Devo, You are correct. That is a Kawi krb400b I used to sell them, they are measuring at the fan, not the pipe end. That 400b only blows in the 500's and in the 190's for mph. Believe me, gentlemen, its no where near the blower the Redmax 7000 is! It compairs more to the Redmax EBZ4800. I saw the Vandermolin units at Louisville, Really not a bad unit, just not in the class of Redmax.

6. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Here are the specs.

ENGINE KAWASAKI, Air Cooled, 2-cycle C.A.R.B./ EPA Compliant
    DISPLACEMENT 48.7cc
    IDLE/ MAX RPM 3200/ 7800
    IGNITION Electronic
    STARTER Automatic recoil
    CARBURETOR Walbro diaphragm w/ primer for quick starting
    FUEL 50 : 1 gasoline/ oil
    FUEL TANK 2 liters (.53 gal.) Translucent
    RUNNING TIME 1.5 HOURS @ Full throttle
    AIR VOLUME 750 CFM
    AIR SPEED 225 MPH
    MUFFLER Quiet low tone
    NOISE LEVEL 70Db(a)
    AIR FILTER Over size
    DIMENSIONS L(w/out hose & pipes) x W x H 13¾" x 17½" x 17¾
    BLOW PIPES Interlocking
    THROTTLE LEVER Pistol Grip
    BACK SUPPORT Ergonomic w/ waist strap
    DRY WEIGHT 19¼ lbs. (complete with pipes)
    SHIP WEIGHT 22 lbs.

And here is the Redmax:
    Engine: Pro-G26L
    Engine Displacement: 62.0 cc
    Carburetor: Diaphragm with Purge Pump
    Ignition System: Solid State
    Fuel Capacity: 4.43 pints
    Dry Weight: 21.1 lbs
    Air Volume: 730 cfm
    Air Speed: 204 mph
    Noise Level: 73 dB(A)
    Warranty: 1 Year Commercial, 2 Years Consumer

So the Vandermolin is reporting 20 more CFM and 21 more MPH than an Exmark 7000... I wouldn't get a Vandermolin just because I don't have a clue what dealer has them, or even where to get one, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Thanks!

Gary

7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i hear ya!!

i sell Redmax and Kawasaki, and it's identical to the Kawasaki...but i think they got a couple numbers "blown up"....lol

Kawasaki KRB400B
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Specifications
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model KRB400B
    Displacement 2.97 cu. In (48.6 cc)
    Fuel Tank 2.0 pint (0.9 Liter)
    Max. Power 3.2 hp/7000 rpm
    Max. Air Volume (with pipe) 418 cfm
    Max. Air Volume 565 cfm
    Max. Air Velocity 198 mph
    Noise Level (at 50 ft per ANSI) 68 dB (A)
    Carburetor Diaphragm
    Plug NGK BPMR7A
    Net Weight 18.3 lbs. (8.3 Kg)
    Dimension 12.2" x 17.3" x 17.7" (309 x 480x 480 mm)
    Throttle Type Joystick Trigger

8. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

From what I understand, Vandermolen is just a generic manufacturer, making blowers for whomever wishes to purchase them and slap their name onto it ... like Husquvarna, Landscapers Supply, Kazz, and a buch of others. Housings appear to be made of inexpensive plastic and although the motors are usually Kawi, they are underpowered for their price.