Vandermolen Wind Mill.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by White Gardens, Jun 8, 2008.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

So I ran accross someone selling a vandermolen wind-mill back-pack blower in the paper. Supposedly it has a Kawi 2 stroke engine and runs like a champ.

I called the company out in Jersy, and they're still around. They said that they keep the company small so you don't hear much about them.

Anyone out there tried one of these?? The company said this model blows at 220 mph.

2. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

I'm from the twin cities too. I live in Atlanta now know but work there.

3. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

4. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Seems lightweight and I like the screw-on gas cap.

5. White Gardens

Bumpity Bump Bump

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have 4 windmill hedge trimmers -easy the best i have owned. they started selling that 225 mph backpac back in the early 90,s awesume unit-was king of the industry for a long time-just few knew of it. i would buy it in a second!

7. lawnboy dan

guess no one knowes about windmill? guess i keep this secret to my self!

8. White Gardens

I'm thinking about buying one new, the guy in the paper already sold his and he was selling it for 300, barely used.

The price of a new one is very cheap considering what you get. They look good, and I guess this one was older than I thought, 1994.

Talk to the company a little more, said if I ever needed parts to order them directly from them, and the parts sounded cheaper than buying from a dealer. Heck, I might become a dealer for them.

9. lawnboy dan

the compant is very sound and competent -they are a small family run biz. their backpacks may not be state of the art any more -but trust me -their hedge trimmers are the worlds best. buy one and see. my dealer used to sell them but were forced to discontinue them when they became a sthil dealer. they used to sell backpacks to the us forestry service. they blew 225 when every one elses blew 180 max.