vanguard 5 mounting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Thanks, Chief! I plan to do it the way as described, but if the fixture protrudes a little, it will be exposed without a top, so I will go buy a carpenter vise, and hack the plate down to size and drill two holes in it.

Joey, I already asked a local hardware store dude-girl-owner regarding use of my 4.5 grinder as a circular saw, and I was told it's been done but advised against it because of the rpms on the grinder are way more than a circular saw.

I sold my vice and my circular saw at a flea market. I went a little crazy. That was before I decided to bring my truck to AK.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Mike you just need a cutting wheel. We use them all the time for fabricating our off road toys. You can also buy the masonary blades and use them to widen the expansion joins in concrete. Your hardware person didnt know whatthey were talkin about.....

It will look like this but in 4 or 4.5" diamater. Go to a local metal supply house.

[​IMG]

3. Mike M

from usa

Cool, Joey. I bought the grinder for the masonry blade to open up expansion joints, but I didn't know if I could use it to cut metal.

4. Mike M

from usa

Joey,

I was on the job today looking over the lip on the wall. It is made of antique bricks and the surface is not even in all areas. Gut shot, should I still avoid an adhesive? I'd hate to crack one of those bricks, but it shouldn't be a problem to drill them.

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Drilling them would be best but you have to make the call. I would hate for you to mess the brick up.