Vanguard on Lazer Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by tacoma200, Oct 9, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I keep hearing they may put a Briggs Vanguard on the regular Lazer Z. Since the 30 is having problems that would be a nice addition. Is this just a rumor or will they update the engines for 07. Your guys were great friendly and helpful at the Expo. Good job on the indoor and outdoor booth. I really had a chance to get a feel for many of the models. Keep up the good work. Anthony Rowell was especially helpful. Give him a raise.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Yes, you are correct, Anthony is a solid dude.
    Thanks for coming to the Expo.
    There will be a 31 hp big block Briggs Vanguard available on the Lazer Z series.
    Brian

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thank God-----

4. WBB

WBB LawnSite Member

Will the 30 hp Kohler still be available?

5. tacoma200

Why would you want the 30 Kohler, so many seem to have problems with the carbs? They have a fix for the problem but still some seem unhappy with it. I'll take the Dihatsu/Briggs Vanguard.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The 30 hp Kohler is available on the Lazer Z for the near future.
    Brian

7. WBB

WBB LawnSite Member

Tocoma, I agree with you. The 30 is an engine with "issues". I was looking to confirm this by its removal from the line-up. I have a new Lazer Z with this engine and only 5 hrs on it. I'm trying to decide if I should talk to my dealer about switching to a 28efi or Vanguard.

8. tacoma200

I guess time is one my side right now. Lots of things are changing in the industry from engines, decks, and modification to existing decks and engines. It is a good time for me to sit back and watch. I'm very anxious to see how the new Triton handles the lush Northern grasses next Spring. If I were in your shoes I'm not sure what I would do. You loose alot of value when you buy a mower and start using it because now its used. But in your case with that few hours mabe it could still be considered a demo. I think most use the 30 Kohler with minimal problems but problems none the less.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Is the 31hp vanguard going o be paired with just the 60" triton?

10. tshank

tshank LawnSite Member

Make sure it has the updated carb, makes quite a bit of diff. With 5 hrs., you might try breaking it in before you write it off. Thought, do the horizontal engines even have the problem with the carb. like the vert. engine does/did?