Vanity phone numbers????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by magneto259, Feb 11, 2012.

1. magneto259

magneto259 LawnSite Member

Hello all,

Im in the sealcoating business but I find your business forum to be the best. I was wondering about vanity phone numbers. Do any of you use them? Do you think they are worth the money? I think they give alittle more professional edge over a standard phone number. Thanks in advance!

2. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Mine didn't cost anything extra. They are easier for the customers to remember. Anything that you do to hep them remember you over the competition is good.

3. magneto259

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking you, who do you use for that service? Thanks in advance.

4. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

I called AT&T (our local provider) and requested a new phone line with the last 4 digits of 6299 (MAXX). I told them I didn't care which exchange or area code (we have more than one in Houston) it was in. They gave me the number and I immediately went to Verizon and ported the new number to my cell phone.

My understanding has always been that if a number you want is available they will give it to you.

5. magneto259

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to call our local provider windstream to see what they have available. I use my cell phone as my business phone also. Thanks!

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a vanity #. Got it when I jumped on Google Voice a couple years back. Honestly, it makes virtually zero impact on my business, despite being plastered on my truck and paperwork.

I probably get more calls from my neighbors at that number than from customers...

7. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

I was unable to get the number I wanted through a wireless provider and had to get it for a land line and then port it.

8. tras

tras LawnSite Member

I have a vanity landline number that routes to my mobile phone. -LAWN(5296)

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

That's my #, too. Maybe that's why mine doesn't work - they're all going to you. :laugh: