Various images

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by coopers, Nov 12, 2008.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Since I'm too busy with my main job I can't take any of my excavation bids right now, :( so I'll try and get pics of other dirt work going on after the major flooding we have today and tomorrow. We'll see if there's any good action shots out there.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty cool looking fossil, hard to belive that all that rock was ancient sea floor millions of years ago.

3. coopers

So here's a shot of them pulling loose rocks down onto the highway. They put a lot of sand down to protect the road. This is another neat shot of fossil.

And the final pic is of the sauk river as of yesterday and probably today. This is the same area where they were putting in logs and rocks etc. to keep the highway from washing out (see earlier pics.).

v.jpg

vv.jpg

vvv.jpg

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Holy hell, that was a fern type fossil!

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow thats pretty cool. we dont have slides like that around here

6. coopers

Yeah we'll be dealing with these things until April or June. There's a huge mud slide south of me from the rain we had this past week. DOT might gets some pics of that and I'll put up for people to see. We have a lot of roads/highways that are in areas that see rocks slides and mudslides constantly. On top of that, the numerous avalanches we have throughout the winter.

Here's an example of a slide about 3 hours north and east of me (near where I used to live).

6.jpg

7. coopers

Road construction near my house. Volvo shot for Chris. Sorry it's blurry, didn't sit still while taking the pic. Another year of clearing the snow up north by DOT.

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

3704601728_3f3f3ea696_o.jpg

8. coopers

Some more pics of a big project near my house. Can't remember the details but it involves making the road wider, adding a stupid traffic circle and some other crap. I'll try to get more at some point. They do a lot of night work because it's easier to get the utilities moved and new ones installed due to high traffic during the day.

First pic of 135C is from a completely different site. The last pic of the 120C I just added because I found it interesting it had all kinds of hydraulics going on, pin grabber bkt, thumb and the fancy tilt attachment (whatever it's called). This is a pic I found on the net, from Oregon.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

3193737546_c5d548e041_b.jpg

9. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

I sure hope that fossil is your new paperweight!

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Oh boy, Mid Mountain. Nobody runs more of that Deere garbage than them. :laugh: They got a small gig in Mountlake Terrace in the median right by the Sound Transit parking garage thing, Marshbank has a couple hoes out there as well. Not really sure what they're up to, I see trench boxes but have yet to see any pipe go in the ground.

Buddy of mine I'm working with right now worked for Mid Mountain last year on that project by your place. They sure are taking forever on it, what's it been, like almost 2 years hasn't it?