Various images

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by coopers, Nov 12, 2008.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep down over there! :hammerhead:

Yeah they have been taking forever. I know the snow we had this past winter shut things down for a while but when it cleared up and dried out etc. they took forever to pave and it still looks like crap. They still have to clean up the area they started in and they are not starting a new section down the street. Apparently they're doing it in phases and not redoing the highway all at once.

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

When we get done in Tacoma, 2 years from now, we'll head up there and finish it. :laugh: Yeah I heard it was a phased deal, makes you wonder how much work is planned if they're still working on a single phase and it's taken this long.

When you gonna come down and have a gander at our small gig in Tac town?

3. coopers

Facebooked ya.

4. coopers

Today and yesterdays work...

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Look at that baby Deere! At least they got the right brand of bucket, wish I could say the same for the thumb. :laugh:

6. coopers

lol :drinkup: Ya that would be a baby Deere compared to ur hoes. I could have used a 160 but it did the job fairly well.

7. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

That is not a baby Deere,I run the baby deere.I would say they got the thumb right and the bucket wrong!:laugh::laugh:

minimax

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I ran one of our dash 7 PC400's a little today, then I got in the PC138. Buzzkill. :laugh: :drinkup:

That CWS thumb doesn't look too bad. Most of the hoes that I've run with CWS thumbs are the super long versions, I hate them with a passion. Could be a PSM and I'd hate it, not so much a brand thing it just seems that PSM doesn't build anything like that. I just don't like thumbs that are long enough to the point where they can hit the underside of the boom when tucked in. Was in 320CLU for the last 5 days with a Cat rebranded PSM Series II progressive, gotta love NC's ability to have PSM stock all their hoes with decent thumbs.

Yeah man I thought you were going with a 160 on that job? What happened to that plan? Did you get that 650H out there yet? That some of the loosest looking material I've seen for this side of the state, I'd trade it for some of the hardpan I was working with today.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  9. coopers

Ya I hear ya on the logger style thumbs. Don't like 'em either. This thumb is good. Doesn't hit at all. If I remember correctly the 160 wasn't available and I also didn't think this job was gunna be so big. The 650 wasn't available either. :( 450 did the job but slower. That dirt was ridiculously dry and loose. There was some hard pan/glacial til and you can see it in the pic from the cab. The hard pan did slow me down quite a bit. I was annoyed that I didn't have a grade beam it would have made things go faster but oh well. It was finished.

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

What are the details on this job? what'd you do?