Various images

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by coopers, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I imagine they drilled it, placed charges, and blasted it. Could have used that expanding stuff but it takes a little time.

2. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Stuve,

We do get a lot of rock and land slides during this season. We had one like this last year too.

Bleed green

That rock is way too big to move in pieces; plus, it's on Hwy 2 which is a major road in and out of Eastern WA from the west side and DOT needed it moved ASAP.

3. coopers

So they cleared the rock up...and apparently thought of a good way to get a new Cat...damage the old one!

hahaha.jpg

hHA.jpg

4. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

:eek: low bridge?

5. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Jeeese, didn't know CAT offers the swing boom like a miniX;)

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a rolled rolled against the side.

If we had that kind of rock fall action on the Sea to Sky Highway, it would be shut down permanently, that is scary how many rock slides you hear about in that area.

7. coopers

The collision pulled the hoe off the lowboy but it stayed on its tracks. It hit the bridge and then part of the dipper hit the pillar.

duh2.jpg

duh3.jpg

duh.jpg

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

That hoe was in perfect shape when I went by 2 days after the rock landed in the road. It was just east of where the rock landed sitting in a turnout waiting to be picked up. That's the railroad trestle about 1.5 miles east of Dryden. Bummer man, that was a decent 320CLU. Morons. Just think man, some of our tax dollars will fund them a new one. At least that badass thumb, coupler, and bucket are salvageable. Why don't you try to buy it from them, I know how you like that PSM stuff.:laugh:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  9. coopers

I won't touch it now that it has Cat yellow paint on it. :)

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Thumbs Up Good call! :)