Veggie Patches

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mesome5, Nov 29, 2011.

1. mesome5

mesome5 LawnSite Member

Have been doing a few veggie patches lately, here is one. Do other people get into designing and constructing vegetable gardens.

2. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

looks good! I've had one random call for it. I don't advertise for it though
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I do a good amount of irrigation for veggie beds, and we have done a few stone retaining walls for raised veggie beds
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Those look good I think that idea could be big in a lot areas. Concerning the drip, are you sure that the drip is going to do the job for the entire bed? We have a lot of experience with drip and the type of soil that a lot of people
    plant in has toooo much compost to transfer water. So we are going to put liner under the bed to trap all the water. We also noticed that some of the soil that we get transfer water much better than others....our experience is in flower beds. .....Anyway this is really a good idea.
  5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice touch with the rosemary border. :clapping:

that drip irrigation is set up perfectly.
  6. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

yeh, done a few, enjoy them, have rigged up irrigation, but like homemade ****, i took the kind you stick in the ground, took the plastic off, hooked up some pvc, and let that **** rip from 4 corners. works well enough, and is cheaper.