1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

vehicle business insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassmanak, Feb 3, 2006.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

How much are people paying for vehicle insurance with business you?, i got a quote today for 2700 for the year for one truck?
  2. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have Erie Insurance...commercial policy for a 99 Silverado....full coverage....snow plowing.....350,000 coverage....622 a year.....only being 19, your gonna be paying much more...so the price you have there looks about right
  3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have an '05 F350 quad cab, a '97 F350 powestroke, and a '91 Dakota - all pull varying length trailers - commercial full coverage averages out to $600/yr - per vehicle. My provider is State Farm.
  4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

funny thing is though, i was paying 3900.00 a year for just standard insurance, i actually got a drop going to commercial
  5. Agriscape2006

Agriscape2006 LawnSite Member

im also 19 and am paying 2200 a year for 1 truck snowplow 1 million liabilty and also a 2 mil umbrella
  6. wormburner

wormburner LawnSite Member

Anyone try Progressive they gave me a price of 990 for 05 Silverado without snowplow and add 330 with plow.
  7. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

Try Farm Family Insurance. I have been using them for a few years now and found them to be the cheapest by far that I could find.
  8. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

You have to tell us how much coverage you were quoted before you compare.