Vehicle Display @ Auto dealership Ideas??

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by flairland, Mar 21, 2008.

1. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

I've been asked to build a vehicle display at a local auto dealership. He's looking to make it about 2-3 ft high, fit 3 cars, and the retaining wall to be built out of large armour stone boulders. He wasn't too type of material to use for the platform.. he was thinking asphault or just grass, but I'm thinking some more along the lines of either interlock or just clear stone, to keep within the 'stone' theme. So, I'm just wondering if any of you have done something like this before, or have pictures or ideas/recommendations on what to do.
  2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

grasspave would be cool
  3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on what type of vehucle you are trying to showcase???
  4. flairland

Ah, to be honest I don't think that's going to make a big difference on what I build. They sell both trucks and cars so will be putting both types on the display.
    We're thinking of having the center spot all little higher, but we want people to be able to come up and look at the closely on the display, without having to worry about them falling of something like that..

I haven't used grass pave before.. What's that all about?
  5. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea.. we did one at a landrover dealership for them to position the rovers on.. Came out really nice I gotta get a picture.

We used river boulders and mortared smaller ones for the flat portion
  6. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

What's the budget?
  7. flairland

I'd love to see a picture jbailey! Neat idea about mortaring in small rocks on the flat area.

Gotta try making his mouth water a little bit with some pics and ideas first, then we'll see what his budget is..