Vehicle lettering

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by unkownfl, Dec 4, 2009.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have been putting it off until I got the setup I wanted together and time to let them have the truck. I haven't went out and got estimates, but what would having a f150 cost? I'm looking at doing the sides and tail gate full color lettering not a wrap.

2. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'd guess 150-250 depending on exact graphics and company you hired. My truck was 150 and the trailer 500, but I'm in Erie and your in Florida!

3. nicholsmowingservice

nicholsmowingservice LawnSite Member

My back window in my truck was $150

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

For your back window, you can buy plain white static cling letters for inside the glass, and say anything you want. Not particulary visible if you have a dark tint. (In which case vinyl letters on the outside of the glass are best). What is more with static cling you can change letters to say something different depending on the season. Across the top of your windshield, vinyl letters on the outside work nicely, (cannot go on inside due to window tint). Remember that the windshield wipers may scrape across them (usually not much problem). Mine looked nice until my wife helped me scrape ice off the windshield--took off a couple letters. Cost $20 to fix at the sign shop.

Cheap vinyl letters:
    http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=ARS20427&history=0tbibgyl|prodPage~15^freeText~vinyl+letters^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^param~return_skus^return_skus~Y

Static cling:
    http://www.dasletters.com/main.html

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  5. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I did a company logo, business name and phone number in vinyl on my back window of my truck it is approx 12" x 30" cost was 10 bucks I had to install, they identified the midpoint of the the decal for me....I can have additional ones printed out depending on size at a predetermined cost so much a linear foot...cost of color(s) varies.....this same company will also print yard signs with same logo for me at if I recall correctly 5 bucks a sign

6. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you go for your lettering?

7. Ol'Dad

Ol'Dad LawnSite Member

I used vinyl on my back glass and the rear side windows on my truck from a company on e-bay. Cost less than $50 for all three. Go to e-bay and under 'search by seller' enter decal delight. Then contact them on their e-mail. I e-mailed them my logo and they were able to duplicate it plus make alterations where I wanted. It was easy to apply and the shipping was quick.

8. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

We had our F250 lettered, tell us what you think. It cost us $225.00

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

smith, that is exactly what I plan on having done. Only thing I would need done is to have the grass a little higher. It works for you but I have a 1/2 ton 2wd so it would be really low compare to your 3/4 4x4.

10. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

a local guy who has the equipment to design and print the vinyl he has a business building top fuel drag cars and is always letting/decorating them so he has the means to provide this service when he is not building or racing...he has done several vehicles and trailers in the area