Vehicle wraps

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PerfiCut L&L, Aug 29, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Were looking at having vehicle wrap vynil installed onto our trailers and vehicles. I'm concerned with the effects this will have on the paint. I've read that the vynil protects the paints finish from both abrasive and UV rays.

What can I expect if I decide to have the vynil removed at a later date?

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I asked the same question an they showed me a vehicle that had been wrapped for 3 years an when they took to wrap off it was like new underneath.actually the wrap itself had some scuffs from everyday use but the actual paint was flawless !

3. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

We did a full wrap on our Quick 36 Show Truck and the company that did it said it would last for 5-7 years. I know one thing, it sure is a conversation starter!

You can see it at quick36.com... go to the Family Photos page. John dubbed it "the Subtle Shuttle".

GRI Media Group in Denver Colorado did our wrap. Great guys! 303-292-1532.

gp

4. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

Just out of curiosity, what does it average to get your truck done like that? I was thinking of doing it next year. Thanks!

5. AlleganyLawnCare

By the way GPDesign1 your truck looks fantastic!

6. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. It cost about $2800 turnkey. Two guys came to our plant to install it... took about four hours.

7. AlleganyLawnCare

Looks beautiful! really does.

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That is one of the sharpest "business" trucks I've ever seen.:)

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

the custom car/ truck scene has been using it for years and nascar aslo so they dont have to paint all the grafics.
    [​IMG]

10. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. Im not sure if I want/need to do a full vehicle wrap. I would like to get the trailer done first. My idea was to have a large image of stone project from top to bottom 7', down 8' long. Then of course our logo, and some text. Just wasnt sure about how this effects the paint. I imagine the areas it covers it protects, but any areas not covered will be effected by light and scratches, thus showing the outline of the covered areas when the wrap is removed.

Decisions/decisions....