velke giving me stomach problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

my velke shakes like a mad man, back and forth back and forth...what parts might i be missing? i feel like there are some spacers that might go in the wheels or something i dono, i got it on the mower and i've just been ridding it, but i'm making an order soon and want to get this thing fixed...

2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a single wheel, the wheel should roll smoothly and not wobble. There is a sleeve the bolt goes through that may be missing, or the bearing ay be worn. Or you may have a lot of wear in the assembly. If the problem is not in the wheel, your mounting bracket may be loose.

For a 2 wheel, you could have any of the above, or the shafts may not be aligned. They should be so that if they were all one piece instead of two, that piece would be perfectly straight. If they aren't, the wheels will wobble.

Have somebody ride on a completely flat surface and watch to see if you can tell where the wobble is. If you can feel it, you should be able to see it.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

like es said check the bushings,all should be tight...
    i stoped cutting 2 yr. ago and when i was cutting i to had stomach problems useing the velke.my problem was my stomach kept getting bigger and bigger.lol
    ant

4. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf LawnSite Member

we started using the two wheeled velke just this year. We noticed that if the brass bushings in the hitch have any wear at all the thing tends to shimmy back and forth. We have never had the problem described with our single wheeled velke. It would sound to me though, that the problem is the bushings.