Velke like invention on 60 minutes tonight!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastEddie, Feb 6, 2001.

1. FastEddie

FastEddie LawnSite Member

Watch 60 minutes 2 at 9pm E.T. tonight on CBS to see this invention they say will "change the world".

Apparantly it has one wheel and you ride it around like a velke only it's not attached to a mower or anything.

Before 60 minutes:
    Any ideas on how it might work?

After 60 minutes:
    What did you think of it?

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Solar powered unicycle???

Just a guess.
    Kris

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That guy is amazing!!! I had to watch it after I read this post. I wish I had a garage for my two helicopters and I owned my own island. Unbelievable some of things this guy has done and what he owns and what he is trying to do!! WE need him working for Exmark or shindaiwa :)

4. kutnkru

Thats an understatement. To have been a millionaire by age 25 and still going almost 25 years later. Unbelieveable it is. I'm just glad i dont have to compete in his markets.LOL

Kris

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

For those of us that missed the show, please tell us more about his invention(s).

6. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to cbs.com. Look under 60 minutes II.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

8. FastEddie

FastEddie LawnSite Member

Well I was impressed! The "velke like" invention is called "IT" but "IT" is so secretive that they did'nt show or say much about "IT". The CBS web-site says "IT" will be "BIGGER than the internet and just short of cold fusion"
    60 minutes did show some of this guys patent drawings of what people say "IT" is based on(he has about 150 other patents by the way and 200 engineers designing all his ideas). One of the drawings showed a guy riding what looked like a velke (one wheel about 10" diameter with foot platform on either side) According to what some have said on the web-site (link below), you can ride "IT" about 80 miles an hour and you won't fall over. "IT" must have the same Gyro technology that his wheelchair invention has. For those who missed that on 60 min, the wheel chair can balance automaticly while you're driving it on two wheels that are side by side and it can climb stairs.
    The "IT" really could change the world of transportation. ONE WHEELED MOTORCYCLES,CARS?
    Go to http://www.theitquestion.com to see all the hipe about "IT"

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Homer, how much are you worth????????????????
    Duh, I don't know!
    Must be a lot cause I get stuff in da mail all da time -duh-wanting me to send money to em-duh...............

One things for sure---------------I HAVE A SHOP WITH 2 CHOPPERS PARKED IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D
    He ain't got nuttin on me.
    HAH HAH!

10. kutnkru

Who would of guessed ... Homer was. LOL
    Kris