Velke Or Proslide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What would your choice be and why? I bought an 04 Exmark Metro HP and would like to put either a velke or proslide on it. Im 6'3-6'4 and weigh about 170. Which would be better and why?

2. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Get the Velke.....Cant ride a proslide on the road or on abrasive surfaces....it would wear it out. Friend had one and changed to a velke (single wheel)
    Andrew

3. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

get a velky x2 i got one w/ my TTHP and couldt due with out it, much faster. the x2 is better than single wheel b/c its less strees on mower

4. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

I have both. The proslide stripes great but if I'm not careful it will dig in on the turns and cause the mower to spin out. You then have to step off, complete the turn and then step back on. The Velke rolls nice over any surface and has no problems in the turns but, it made my lower back hurt becuase I had to bend over more than I do on the proslide. The proslide is nice in that when you need to step off to walk if folds up out of your way.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I currently only use a velke and love it. One thing though that I think they could improve on it is having wider tires.