Velke...single or double wheel?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mykster, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I will be upgrading this season to a 48" or 52" WB with a velke. Was wondering what one was better the single or double wheel. Is there a big difference between the two. Or is it just personal preference?

2. Velke threads
    Buy a 1 wheeled so you can leave 3 wheel lines.

Or get this one so you only leave 2 wheel lines.

[​IMG]

3. burninbill

burninbill LawnSite Member

I suggest using jungle wheels or something to that type of velke. The double wheel doesn't leave ruts in the yard as much as single wheel. Just my experience.

Jon Walker
    Cutting Edge Lawn and Landscape

4. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I have always used a single wheel velke w/ 36" metro w/o any problems or too noticible marks in the lawn. I think a single wheel is easier to turn around. W/2 wheel velke you have to straddle the velke which is a lot wider.

Bottom line is it's preference.

Ron

5. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

i would definatly go with the double wheel. It distributes the weight over two wheels rather than just one, plus you won't have a singe lne running down the middle.

6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you want 1 flat tire to worry about or 2 flat tires to worry about?

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you mowing flat or hilly accounts? It seems like it would be easier to jump off a 1 wheel velke if you're mowing hilly accounts.

LAWNS AND MOWER

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Before I bought my new Lazer, I used the Bullrider from trimmertrap. It is a very solid 2 wheel velke. I got alot of use out of it before I sold it. I would highly reccomend it to anyone. I have never tried a proslide but from what I hear people who own them seem to be pleased. Good luck

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

8 years now and all we have ever used are the 1-wheel.

10. GilbertJT

GilbertJT LawnSite Member

I have the Jungle Wheel.... Two wheeled. I like it. It has a big platform and seems to balance well. It won't wheely the mower. Plus it doesn't leave any unwanted tracks. I haven't used the single wheel sulkies, so I really can't comment on them. Just my .02