1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Velke, Velke, Velke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnShark, Feb 6, 2007.

1. TheLawnShark

TheLawnShark LawnSite Member

How do the velkes from Better Outdoor do with their mowers?? .... OR .... would you all recommend buying a different type not from better outdoor ??
  2. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

A true Velkie is made by Wright Mfg. They are the best sulkies made in my opinion.:walking: :walking:

MOWPART_SCOTT LawnSite Member

Be looking for velke and jungle jim products to be added to our website soon. At www.mowpart.com we will meet or beat any price lower than ours.
    Not only will we beat any price you will receive an additional 15% off your first order by placing 1234 in the coupon code of your shopping cart. this code is for a limited time only so take advantage of the savings now and remember! We sell Lawn Mower Parts for less!

P.S. Don't Forget your Fluid Film!:)
  4. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

The original Velkie by Wright is still the best on the market. Those guys were the first and they're still the best.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just one more time for clarity....

Better doesn't build the Velke....

Only Wright does.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i can tell ya from personal experience the wright velke has the best ride but after about 6 months the thing just starts to fall apart . i have went through 4 of them . then i got tired of replacing parts on it and went with the jungle wheels . the exmark stand on would be great if it was a 2 wheeled unit.
  7. dvblandscaping

dvblandscaping LawnSite Member

Wright Velkes are great. just grease the hell out of em daily, or as jkoopers said, youll need another after 6 months. THey take a beating.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Velkes are made by Velke much like Xerox machines are made by Xerox, everything else is not a velke. Proper maintenance includes daily greasing and annual bushing replacement (there exist at least 4 of these, two in the rear swivel and two more inside the hitch, the pin usually can be replaced once / year also).

But truth be known, the sulky is supposed to be a ride-on (sit down) attachment for Wb's, very rare due to its high danger factor because of the resultant position of the operator's knees in relation to the fixed bars.
  9. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

10. louviljlj

louviljlj LawnSite Member

I have the two wheel standon where the wheels swivel so the operator stays in line with the mower. It is very very heavy duty. A one wheel is only acceptable if you weigh less than 180 lbs. I attached mine by using a 2x4 board instead of buying the adapter, my second year with it and works great. Heres a photo of on my site. http://lambertlouviere.com/Toro Mower 2.htm