Velke vs Bullrider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Grass, Feb 23, 2005.

1. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

ok, now please, only you that have used BOTH, please give me the pros and cons of one wheeled Velke, vs Bullrider. Keep in mind that I am in the mountains of NC (altho I have a lot of big semi flat accounts). Oh, and I am using a 54 Huslter WB (very cool machine)

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

The bullrider(i use another brand but its a casting sulky) will make your WB a true zero turn machine.. no need to step off or get tangled up with the velke.. Going in reverse is no problem.... I went from a single wheeled velke to a proslide to a casting sulky.... The only thing I noticed is that if you are not careful when zero turning the inside wheel will sometimes spin and tear up the yard...

They are very cool sulky's though....

3. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

bump bump, sorry, dont want thread to get lost, need a bit more info.

4. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

anything specific your looking for?

2 wheels are better than one.... One wheeled velke will leave a stripe down the middle of your mowing path.....
    I would have to imagine you have plenty of HP on the 54" to pull you on hilly properties...

The best thing on casdting sulkies is they are fixed and doesnt matter which direction you go... they will not bind up in reverse....

5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Bull Rider all the way for me. I have used both. Bull Riders are heavier duty, track properly behind the mower (no extra tire line), dont cause you to "eat" the machine when you turn, or bend in reverse. I dont see why anyone would choose a Velky with a hydro machine. We also use solid, zero-flat tires on our bullriders which saves time and frustration.

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I didn't use a one wheeled but a two wheeled velkie. I also used a jungle wheeled and now use a bull rider. I used the two wheeled velkie on snapper hydros and no have a bull rider on m7y Hustler super walk. The castored bullrider is by far better. you can mow a whole lawn without having to step off the thing. With the velkie we would always be stepping off the back up or even in sharp turns. /the one thing the velkie has over the bullrider is how nice it stows away hanging under the handles when not in use or on the trailer.