1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

velke vs. proslide question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

can i put either a velke or a proslide on my toro proline 36" gear wb. or would it put to much strain on the mower.
    don't mind the spelling
  2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

There is no question on the velke used with gear 36" WB, I have mine jungle wheels on 36" Metro since '02 and it never fails. Don't know about proslide...cause all I see they use proslide on Hydro WB mostly. I don't like proslide the fact that you can't run on concrete block by block and I have to travel between accounts a lot when in a single subdivision, like 5 houses clustered nearby, with wheels you don't make noise just ride house to house. Velke or jungle wheels by far works great for me both on my 52" hydro and 36" belt, they do great on slope very easy to manouver with sure safety.
  3. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

I have velke on 36 Metro. Remember, for geardirve, when the proslide folds up, how are you going to change gears? Just a good question that my dealer asked me when I was deciding between the two. :)
  4. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

What do you mean? It doesnt go so high as to cover the shift bar! Ask you dealer where the wheels go when you back up.
  5. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

The wheels turn around. I don't know how high the proslde flips up, just going by what my dealer said. He's supposed to know more than me and answer my questions.

MORETORQUE LawnSite Member

I don't care what any body says,in alot instances I could see where a Proslide would be crapola!
  7. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Wow, thanks for being so descriptive. Of course it's not perfect for every circumstance, but for the conditions it's meant for it works GREAT. Why do you keep knocking it if you have no intention of ever getting one?
  8. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

The proslide outperforms the sulky in every instance except concrete.
  9. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Isn't there a lot of drag with a Proslide?

MORETORQUE LawnSite Member

That is the problem we live in a concrete jungle! It may work but it really defies logic.